Many schools presently own school buses in Lagos, and other states in Nigeria. Riding the school bus is the safest mode of transportation for students going to and coming from the school. Studies show that students are apparently 50 times more likely to arrive in school alive by taking the bus rather than driving by themselves or with their peers. They are also 20 times more likely to arrive safely by taking the bus rather than riding in a private vehicle driven by their parents.
These piece examines the advantages of a school bus- School owners will see why its an essential facility the school must acquire, parents will also see the benefits of using a school bus.
Below are some of the advantages of a school bus:
- Door to door pickup by student bus service means that there is one less thing for parents to worry about
- Student bus service offered by schools also do return trips. That is, door to door drop off of kids from school
- Timeliness of buses means kids are certain to get to school early irrespective of issues at home
- Transportation cost is leveraged because the bus fees for the average school student bus is fair and somewhat lower than paying daily transportation for your kids. For example, one school charges 6,000 Naira per term of three months for school bus service. That is an average of 2,000 Naira per month. That is cheap!
- Student safety – Student bus service assures safety of your kids to and from school
- Good company – Kids who use the student bus service provided by schools miss being caught up in roudy bus stops with the public and avoid unnecessary hassles along the way home. They also avoid mixing with the wrong company as the buses take them straight home from school.
You could add a few more advantages to the list above if you think about it long enough.